lørdag den 15. maj 2010

Jazz festival, surfing and DC

When we arrived to New Orleans we checked in to this quite lousy hostel. But it was the only hostel as we were in New Orleans during the Jazz Festival!! At this hostel we met up with some of Abby's friends she had met prior on her trip, Raphael from Germany and Birralee from Australia. We also met Simon from Australia here, and we had a great time in New Orleans.

The first night we went out to here some music - this time jazz (the festival hadn't started yet) - and we found a place that sold tickets for 10 dollars. So we went in here and listened to the band, and suddenly Elvis Costello jumped on the stage and performed! After the concert we went out and partied in the streets of New Orleans. This city is crazy and if they say New York never sleeps, then New Orleans have serious insomnia problems. A great city with everything to offer - great food, great people, beautiful locations in the city and warm weather (some times maybe to humid though).

We entered the Jazz festival the day Pearl Jam had a concert (no, not a Jazz band, but who cares). Before they performed we went to various concerts such as Big Brass Bands, African music, country, Band of Horses and we also joined some parades. When it finally was Pearl Jam's turn for a concert New Orleans was blown away. A very cool concert from a band I didn't expect that much from. A great day.

The last day in New Orleans I spent with Abby and Raphael checking out the French Quarter in New Orleans which is very untypical for the US. An old neighborhood that hasn't been changed into a big American society. Beautiful.

After New Orleans I traveled alone to Charleston, South Carolina, where I stayed with some of Renee's friends, Myra and Robert. Here I got the chance to paddle surf, which was friggin' cool. There was dolphins the first half hour we were out surfing to say hi. I also got to see the city, which was an important city during the Revolutionary and Civil War. This whole trip across the USA has brought me back in time, as I started in the mid 1800's with California and now start-mid 1700's with the south east. A great trip back to the Atlantic Ocean, which I hadn't seen since Uruguay!!

After Charleston I traveled to Washington DC, to stay at my Dad's place - where I am now. Here I met up with my good friend Abby for another couple of days, before she traveled to New York and on to Central - and Southern America. In DC I have so far had a mix of relaxation (much needed!) and work as my Dad and Renee has recently moved, so this place sometimes more looks like a construction place then an apartment. I've also had the time to do some sight seeing which is a must do in this great city. It is great to be here again and tomorrow we are leaving for Buffalo to celebrate my Dad's birthday. After that I will travel by my self to Toronto for some days before I come back to DC again via Buffalo.

Forza la grande Lazio

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar